1. an undertaking involving uncertainty as to the outcome, especially a risky or dangerous one.
2. a business enterprise or speculation in which something is risked in the hope of profit; a commercial or other speculation.
3. the money, ship, cargo, merchandise, or the like, on which risk is taken in a business enterprise or speculation.
4. to expose to hazard; risk.
5. to take the risk of; brave the dangers of.
6. to undertake to express, as when opposition or resistance appears likely to follow; be bold enough; dare.
7. to take the risk of sending.